Please feel free to reach out to us if you cannot find the answer to your question. We're happy to help and want you to be as informed as possible!
We have ZERO size restrictions! From micro to massive, we love them all and have the space to accomodate any size pup.
We have ZERO breed restrictions! All dogs matter!
- We accept intact males and females for boarding.
- We accept intact females for daycare.
- If you are interested in daycare for your intact male, we accept dogs on a case by case basis. We will evaluate your dog's behavior during their meet and greet to ensure we see no signs of dominant behavior or excessive mounting.
FEMALES IN HEAT
We do accept females that are in heat. When females are in heat, other dogs pick up on their scents and hormones. This may or may not cause behavioral changes in the other dogs. To ensure everyones safety, females who are in heat rotate outside by themselves for one on one play time and potty breaks with our staff.
We understand that many dogs prefer to be by themselves and not participate in our play groups. We accept dog aggressive dogs into our facility and they rotate outside by themselves for one on one play time and potty breaks with our staff.
Due to the nature of our business, we cannot accept dogs that display any aggressive behaviors towards humans. Our top priority is to keep everyone safe and healthy so being aggressive towards humans inhibits our ability to care for the dog. Dogs should be comfortable being leashed, approached by staff, and being touched by staff.
Daycare isn't for every dog. Here are some skills and abilities your dog should possess in order to be a successful daycare play mate!
Dogs are assigned to a play group based on size and play style, however, if we notice your dog is more selective with their playmates than what we're able to safely accommodate, it may be determined that our facility is not an appropriate match for your dog. Remember, daycare is not the setting to socialize your dog. Your dog should have strong social skills before coming to daycare.
Enthusiasm is welcomed, but excessive jumping, nipping, barging through gates and doorways, and barreling over dogs and staff is a safety concern. The staff needs to provide equal attention to all dogs, so some self-moderation is required during group play.
We provide periodic rest breaks for dogs who play throughout the day. This provides much needed structure, time to decompress and recharge. Dogs must be able to settle away from their friends periodically without causing destruction to their run or becoming overly stressed.
For safety reasons, we do not have toys out during most group play. However, some dogs may become possessive of their favorite staff members, water bowls, their friends and other available resources.
ABILITY TO READ OTHER DOGS
To keep interactions safe, we expect dogs to learn how to read social cues and respect each other's boundaries. If we notice your dog is persistent and not responding to cues from other dogs or verbal cues from staff, they may be required to complete training prior to returning to daycare for a second evaluation.
COMFORT AWAY FROM HOME
We always give dogs with anxiety a chance to slowly adjust at their own pace but occasionally some dogs show signs of significant discomfort even after a trial period. If this is the case, we will advise you to start with short play dates with smaller groups away from home.
Some dogs may become frustrated when they are unable to sniff or greet dogs on the other side of the fence. This can cause tension and sometimes aggression. The staff must be able to quickly redirect dogs away from the fences if they become too fixated on dogs in separate areas.
We provide blankets, beds, cots, water and food bowls, as well as toys! Since we sanitize daily, using our own equipment is easier for us. We don't want to lose your personal belongings either! All your dog should need is their food, pre-portioned by each meal. If you dog is on any medication, please be sure we have the exact dosage instructions on their pet profile. We also welcome treats from home! If you would like to bring any other items from home, please bear in mind that we cannot guarantee they will be returned to you in the same condition.
PRIOR TO BOARDING
- If your pet is not used to being up for any period of time, we recommend beginning to desensitize them as soon as possible. This will relieve any stress of being in a run during their stay if they are used to it beforehand. Creating a safe, comfortable space for them is our top priority and starting at home is a great first step. Please let us know if your pet has ever tried or been successful at escaping a kennel, digging under a fence, jumping over fences or gates, etc.
- If your pet has ever shown any separation anxiety behaviors, we recommend talking to your vet about prescribing some calming medication to be administered during their stay. This can ease their stress and make their boarding experience more enjoyable for them. We do keep CBD and other calming aids on hand that we can give with owner permission.
- Be upfront with us about any behaviors or do's and don'ts we should know about. If your pet is scheduled for a grooming service and your pet does not do well with nail trims, let us know. The more we know about your dog beforehand, the easier and less stressful their time with us will be. We encourage open communication to be able to best serve
DURING THEIR STAY
- Your pet may not eat as they normally do when at home. Due to the nature of the environment, occasionally their appetite will change while boarding and they will eat less than normal. We monitor your pet's food intake daily and will encourage them to eat by adding extra yummy things such as food toppers to your pet's food. If your pet enjoys a certain treat, feel free to pack some for them!
- Your pet may experience bowel movement changes. Due to the high energy, stressful environment, your pet can experience an upset stomach during and after boarding. We have probiotic supplements, pumpkin and easy to digest food to aid in this while in our care. We monitor their water intake to make sure no one gets dehydrated as well. This is a normal occurrence and should pass within a few days.
- Your pet may have behavioral changes during their stay. Your pet will be in a new environment with other pets and people they have never met. This can make pets anxious and scared which can bring behaviors you may not have seen before out at home. We will keep you updated during their stay if any of these warning signs appear.
COMING BACK HOME
- You may find your pet more tired than normal upon returning home. Some pets will be exhausted when they return home since they aren't used to the amount of energy being exerted each day while boarding compared to at home. Give your pet a few days of rest, relaxation and plenty of water and they will be back to normal!
In order to provide your dog with the utmost excellent care here at PAWZ Dog Services we are limited to the number of dogs we can accept at one time. This requires us to enforce a cancellation policy during our busier times to ensure our clients receive equal benefits. During this time, a 50% refundable deposit must be paid at the time of booking and a credit card must be put on file. These times are listed as follows:
Due to our small size, we schedule our staff dependent upon the number of dogs scheduled each day. Even when we are not fully booked cancellations affect our daily business. Due to this, new and existing clients will require a 50% refundable deposit at the time of booking. This does not apply to recurring services set up with a specific employee such as drop in services. If you cancel within 7 days of your reservation, but before the 36-hour window of your confirmed booking, you will receive the full deposit amount as credit to use at a later date. If your cancellation is within the 36-hour window of your confirmed booking, your deposit will not be refunded, and you will be charged a $100 open run fee. If you have to cancel or change your reservation with greater than 7 days till your service, you will not be penalized, and your 50% deposit will be refunded. Our office will not be open on Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year's, or Easter. This means pickups and drop offs will have an additional holiday premium of $30. These must be scheduled ahead of time with management approval.
Copyright © 2018 PAWZ Dog Services - All Rights Reserved.
Adoption Information: email@example.com
Vaccine Records: firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder